January 20, 2008

Sweet Sunday Mornings



I was really looking forward to having church at 1:00 in the afternoon, but mostly because I could sleep in and not have to shave my legs on Saturday night. I could also cook a decent breakfast and maybe have the kitchen cleaned up before I ran out the door still trying to put on my heels or my earrings. One thing that I didn't realize is that Sunday mornings feel sort of sacred. Avery and David both slept in today (rare occurrence- yes I know) and when they did wake up it was freezing outside, David joined Avery for a little snuggle on the couch (of course he must have his leapfrog in hand) but sitting close together with a blankie, a few stuffed animals well isn't that what childhood memories are made of! Anyway I'm loving the Sunday morning time, no cartoons, some Sunday music, a little extra sleep and a good hot breakfast- yeah baby!

1 comment:

Caren said...

What a sweet picture! I love the expression on Avery's face. What a great sibling moment!