March 29, 2008

Yuck!!!!

Ummm... What's been going on at our house this past week. Well some of us are recovering from a nasty cold. Alex and Eli are counting the days till their birthdays. We had a good Easter weekend with Spencer and Erica up visiting from Las Vegas, an awesome Easter Egg hunt in the backyard after Easter dinner. We really just hung out and relaxed except for our Park City excurison. We had a brilliant plan to go on a "sleigh ride". I had envisioned each family on their own sleigh dashing through the snow. Not even close- we were all jam packed onto a sleigh and the horses were going really slow, it was very windy and thus arcticly cold. Eli and Erica both have allergies and upon climbing off the sleigh Eli starts turning red and thus the itching and the swelling of the eyes begins. Of course, I have no Childrens Benadryl with me so by the time we make it to the Park City Walmart, he is screaming and rubbing his eyes like crazy. There is horse hair all over the blankets and his coat and it is just a DISASTER!!! We all stopped at Bajio to eat and Manuel sat in the car with Eli, holding him from rubbing the eyes till the Benadryl kicks in!!!! That was a really "special" experience.
With all that behind us, I thought nothing else could happen... Boy was I wrong!!! Mr David the puker, gagger kid in the family has been having issues. Check out our new neighbors blog and read the entry titled " A kid named "Ralph" http://www.cluffco.blogspot.com/ . Really honestly he threw up at my neighbors house- what a great idea to puke at the neighbors house who we've only known for a few weeks. Anyway, this just started his puking issues for the week. He was playing hide and seek and was hiding in the bathroom closet with Eli. Eli comes bolting out yelling that he threw up in the bathroom closet. When asked Why David, Why? Because Eli's breath stinks. Ugghhh!!! He found a snake in the yard and was holding it, and started throwing up b/c the snake was stinky (In his defense, my sister said it really was stinky) He threw up in my room because he didn't like how Avery was chewing her gum- Ridiculous. And tonight well we took him and the boys to see National Treasure 2 and he puked at the movie theater because he didn't like the smell. Hello it smells like buttered popcorn!!!! This is out of control- maybe this warrants a trip to the pediatrician. Yikes I keep thinking of all the places he might throw up and it is mortifying!!!! We should just stay home and never go anywhere;(
We'll look forward to a new week and hope for the best!!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Chelsea...I am cracking up laughing! I'm sure it's getting beyond funny for you though! And the story was too funny to not post on my blog. I hope you know that David aka Ralph is welcome at our house ANYTIME, barfing or not!

shannon said...

seriously, what's the deal? that's super hilarious that he threw up over Eli's breath...or Avery chewing her gum...poor thing!

Caren said...

ugh! How you cleaned it up without puking yourself is beyond me. If I smell it that is it for me! Poor kid!

Dianna said...

How horribly funny! I read your neighbor's blog and WOW! You need to write a book Chelsea - no kidding. Sometimes I want to throw up when I HEAR people chew. Maybe that is David's issue - people who don't know that rule about chewing with their mouths closed.