September 03, 2008

Lots to SMILE about

Even though school has started and there is a hint of autumn in the air we haven't let summer go quite yet. Here are few fun things we have had going on this past week.



We went for a drive on Sunday afternoon and couldn't resist playing in the COLD water up Provo canyon!


Thank goodness for Crocs- This is Eli and David braving the icy water, Alex wouldn't let me take his picture;(


My sweet Grandma had her piano shipped to me!!!!!Hallelujah!!!! I have longed for a piano since I was a little girl and even though I'm going to be 33 here soon I am determined to learn to play it! Yeah it has been well used and could use a little cosmetic work but it sounds so beautiful and it makes my heart so happy when one of the kids sits down and starts playing like I did when I was little!!!! Thanks so much Grandma!

Yummy------ Strawberry jam, okay so it's only freezer jam but Alex and I think it's the best!!!! Especially on pancakes and french toast!!!!

Manuel's sister Doris and her family surprised us for a weekend visit. It was fun to hang out with them. Avery loved listening to Bryan's music. Sorry I didn't get more pictures of the rest of the family!

Ahhh a bit of nostalgia... this swing used to hang on a big tree in front of my Great Grandma Beck's house in Tooele. Avery is such a DOLL and I'm so proud that my camera got such a good shot. David is anti-picture boy so I tricked him. He couldn't get off the swing fast enough to duck out of this picture, he sure is a handsome little rascal!


Avery discovered how SOFT a rose petal is!


Grandpa came to visit and surprisingly enough got the kids to stand in a picture. David won't look at the camera, but at least he is there!;)






7 comments:

Kristy said...

These are such great pictures! I smiled a lot looking at them.

Caren said...

Walking in the cold water sounds like so much FUN! Strawberry jam...YUMMY! I made lots this year, but I made it on the stove. I've never tried making the freezer jam before. Is it easier?

Dianna said...

Man, that cold water and jam look good from Doha! Hey, now that you have a piano, you just need to get Skype and Kristy can give you lessons long distance. I wonder if that would work?! Your kids look so cute. I'm glad you are enjoying the late summer. We love you!

shannon said...

how fun! i can't believe how big they are all getting in such a short time...we NEED to get together sooN!

The McCluskeys said...

Bekah won't look at the camera either when I am taking pictures! What a cute family! Panama looks like it was great fun. What an awesome opportunity for your family. Hey, if you ever decide to rent out your home over here instead of selling it, keep us in mind. :-)

Katie said...

You´re new house looks so pretty, I miss pretty houses...lol-
That is so nice of your grandma to send her piano, that is such a great heirloom. I think it looks nice kind of antiqued like that.

Great pics of the kids on the swings!

Katie said...

That´s a really cute picture of you and Avery, you should frame that one.