September 30, 2008

Smarty Pants

Kids- Happily playing outside on the deck with the train table that Manuel brought from the old house

David- "Choo, choo, get out of my way"
Will- "Choo, Choo no you get out of my way"
Avery- oh so qiuetly stealing pieces of the train track or train and throwing them off the deck
David- "Moooooom, Avery is throwing our trains off the deck, Moooooom"
Mom- "Avery pick up the trains that you threw off the deck"
Avery- big smile with her head cocked to one side and her hands behind her back
Mom- "Avery, you have to pick up the toys that you threw off the deck"
Avery- arms in the air "But, MOOOM, I'm LITTLE"
Mom- "Avery, Please go and pick up the trains"
Avery- sits on the chair on the deck " But, I'll just go to TIME OUT"
Mom- bite my lip so she doesn't see my smile and back to the dishes, I guess if she's putting herself in timeout and I'm laughing then we can pick up the trains later:)

4 comments:

Dianna said...

It sounds like Avery knows the drill - timeout was worth the torture inflicted on her brother!

Kristy said...

So funny! Throwing trains is just too much fun--time out shmime out. :)

Riley and Steph said...

don't we love to show them who is boss!

Katie said...

That´s hilarious. Did she stay in time out? That´s scary that she already knows how to manipulate the system haha. She´s a smartie.