September 15, 2008

Starry night and a Piano (& Cello)

Manuel and I don't go on dates nearly as much as we should, partly because we get tired of just going to dinner and partly because it's soooo much work to even get out of the house. But, I was really itching to have some much needed quiet time with my handsome hubby. You know where you don't really have to talk about everything that's happening but you just need to reconnect and remember how it was before we had 4 aliens invade our lives:)
So, I was perusing the Thanksgiving Point webpage wishing I had signed up for a cooking class that would offer me some escape from the current chaos and I fell upon their calendar. Hmmmmm, an outdoor concert sounded like a FABULOUS plan. So I bought the tickets, penciled in a DATE NIGHT over our adult session of Stake Conference (it felt a little like the few times I actually ditched a class at school- hehehe) arranged a babysitter, gathered up my favorite warmest blankets and started imagining a peaceful evening listening to none other than Jon Schmidt on the piano!!!

It turned out that it was even better than I had imagined! The night was crisp and the stars were out, there was a waterfall behind the outdoor "stage" and it was so peaceful to cuddle with my WARM, drop dead gorgeous, sweet polo-smelling husband. We didn't really have to talk about much but it was exactly the kind of time we needed together. Jon Schmidt was incredible and really funny and their was a hilarious guy playing the cello.
We'll mark this down as one of our best dates and make a mental note to go again next year! Happy dating and I hope your husband smells as good as mine does;)

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh my goodness! That exact concert at Thanksgiving Point was my first date with Jared--FIVE years ago!

Dianna said...

We went to that same concert last year for our anniversary. Jon Schmidt music . . . ahhhh . . . . In high school Kristy got a private piano lesson from Jon Schmidt and I got to go too. He is just as nice in person as he is on stage. Grandpa Drawe knows his grandparents.

LC said...

Chelsea, that sounds so perfect! I feel the same way about getting out, it seems like it is such a chore sometimes that it is easier to just stay home! Then when we do make it out we always say "Why don't we do this every single week?" Hey, if you ever want to go to a cooking class at Thanksgiving Point call me, I love those, I try to go to one every couple of months or so. I would love to have someone to go with!

The McCluskeys said...

I feel the exact same way about my husband! Glad you got a night out. We all need more of those. --Laura

Katie said...

Congrats on actually getting a date in, you guys deserve it!

Riley and Steph said...

Sounds romantic! I am glad you still act like your 18 in love! I love that the little things about our hubbies never go away!