April 29, 2008

Sweet Surprises

I'm a little late posting this but I just had to tell you about my Sunday. I woke up soooo tired, and I was sort of dreading the day- church by myself, sunday rules- so no friends to keep the kids busy and I was desperately missing Manuel. The kids were missing him too- it's just not the same when he's out of town.
Anyway, we made breakfast and then I asked the boys to play and be good so I could shower and get ready for church. Typically this request would be ignored and my entire shower I would be refereeing (sp) arguments and so on. To my surprise my shower was pleasant and quiet. Can you beleive it- I still can't. They were in their room playing and being so sweet and kind to each other- So started my fabulous little surprises. They all got dressed and brushed teeth without to much stress.
Then as I'm leaving for church my sweet hubby calls and says he is coming home- just for 2 days- but I'll take whatever I can get. He had some projects get rescheduled so he decided to head home. Such a FABULOUS surprise.
At church I was sitting in nursery, wondering why on earth this is where I should be, feeling isolated and out of place when Sister Hughes comes in and says I'm here so that someone can go to Relief Society today, since I was the only not holding a crying child they told me to go ahead and go. What a blessing, I so needed a break and some spiritual food! The lesson was just what I needed to hear titled "Good, Better, Best" from a conference talk in October by Dallin H. Oaks. Small I know, but a little surprise for my soul.
After dinner, Manuel took the kids to visit Mari and I had a little bit of time to myself. I was so grateful that a day that I was not looking forward to ended up to be SO SWEET!!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay, Chelsea! What happy surprises. I'm so glad you're my cousin and I'm so glad to know that other people need breaks like I do!

Dianna said...

The best part about those sweet surprises is that you noticed them. Sometimes I get too busy to notice the little things in my day that make it feel less jagged like Abbey being willing to run and find my glasses or Ben doing the dishes. I'm glad you have such a wonderful family Chelsea. Are you going to be at Women's Conference? If so, we should plan to meet. Love you!