October 01, 2008

Realized

Today I realized a few things:

Teachers can make you cry even if you are the parent- my son's teacher, with the best of intentions I'm sure of, asked me if I had ever considered putting him on medication. He would rather daydream than do his math and his handwriting. Can I blame him, he's a 7 year old boy? Truth be told I'd rather be daydreaming than doing half the monotonous things I have to do everyday too.

Kids are meaner than I remember- I've never wanted to home school my kids, but I can see why some people do it. The kids these days are just brutally mean and can make a 10 year old feel so horrible! I wish I could go to school and just fix everything and we aren't even to junior high yet.

Treasure hunts and hornets don't mix- Okay I already knew nothing mixes with hornets but apparently my boys had to find this out the hard way. So I'm boohoo-ing to my neighbor about my school woes and I hear the "something is really wrong" scream. So we run back home and find David and Eli with multiple hornet stings. I guess they found a "pack of hornets" (Eli's explanation) and the hornets started attacking them. David got stung on the face, head and ankle and Eli got stung on the head. Oh such an awful end to the treasure hunting. I doped them up on Benadryl and Motrin and hopefully it will be a distant memory in the morning.

Ohhh, the hard lessons of life!

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Oh, I wish you could cry on my shoulder! School can be a tough place sometimes. And then add the hornets - wow, what a day. I hope the boys heal quickly. Knowing them, they will be out finding more treasures very soon.

Kristy said...

Oh no! What a bad day! I'm so sorry!

The more I learn about school these days, the more I want to keep my kids home and teach them myself just to protect them from the meanness in the world. Luckily for them, I probably won't actually follow through on that. :)

Katie said...

Sad! Sad all the way around. I hope things get better at school for the boys. Thank goodness for benadryl, huh. At least now they know where to avoid the hornets, that´s scary though.

clara said...

Chelsea, you are such a good little mommy! Your sons and daughter are truly blessed to have such a caring and sweet gal for theirs. Too bad some motrin and benadryl couldn't make the sting of school bullies (and teachers) better.