October 03, 2008

Better Days

Today was a much better day
(THANKFULLY)!
I realized today that the positives outweigh the negatives. Here are a few of my favorite positives
*Crying feels good once in a while- even if your big
*My husband is so much better at solving teacher problems than I am and that school bully might actually leave Alex alone after getting a talkin' to from maybe the tallest guy he's ever met.
*Pizza Hut pasta is a lifesaver on nights when hornets attack.
*There is a beautiful mountain that I can see from my front porch and it is covered with colors of fall.
*A phone call from an old friend just when I needed to talk is a true blessing (Thanks Trish).
*Halloween decorations are slowly creeping up in my yard and in the house and it feels good to be welcoming the holidays.
*I have three handsome boys and a beautiful little girl who are healthy and vibrant and love me even though I'm far from perfect.
* I have a Heavenly Father who constantly reassures me that I am loved and doing the right things even when they are hard and overwhelming.

3 comments:

LC said...

I am so glad things feel better. Thank goodness for husbands, I think I would loose my mind some days with out someone to bring me back to center. I am sorry it has been a rough time, there is nothing worse than your kids "hurting" (bee stings or bully's) but you handle it all so well, you are an amazing mom, thanks for the reminder about what really matters!

Dianna said...

What a great entry. You help me remember the positives too, although I reallllllllly miss our Bountiful mountains right now and the changing seasons. We can't wait to see you guys for the wedding.

shannon said...

it's so true...we get caught up in the whilwind that is life and the really important, but simple stuff gets forgotten. better days are a comin'!