October 05, 2008

Yanguez- well represented

Manuel got his 15 seconds of fame today.

While we were at the Temple dedication in Panama Carole Mikita (KSL 5 news) stopped Manuel and his brother Isaac for an interview. They were happy to share their feelings but secretly they were super pumped that they "might" be on TV.

The other day we found out the special for the Panama Temple would air after conference on Sunday. We watched it and loved that we were able to recognize many places and lots of friends of Manuel's and new friends we had met while we were there.

Manuel's niece Stefy was shown in the video practicing for their dance which they performed at that cultural celebration.
Stefy is just under the left side of the screen with a blue skirt on
Manuel and Isaac BOTH had their comments included in the special. We were cheering and it was super fun to see their names on TV and have them represent the Yanguez family!

I guess it takes little to entertain us, but it was such a fun experience and to be able to share it with others is just icing on the cake.

(sorry I couldn't find any footage of the special on the internet, so I suppose you'll just have to trust me if you didn't get to see it)

7 comments:

Jill said...

Chelsea, We totally saw Manuel on tv yesterday and we rewound it for my whole family to see our "famous" neighbor!...how exciting! And I'm glad things are better in the school department...I can't wait for Manuel to come and "sit" in their class...please make him do it! :D

Dianna said...

Oh, I wish I could have seen that special. It is so neat that you all were able to be there. I thought of you when President Monson was talking about temples in conference.

LC said...

Chelsea, We saw Manuel too, it was so fun! We were hoping we would see him, and we all yelled when we did! That was such a good production, I cried through the whole thing. I still can't get over how cool it is that you guys got to go on that trip and have it all come full circle!

Mr. Green said...

I saw Manuel too. I loved it when he said, "fantastic!"

I love your husband. I don't know of a more kind and optimistic person. Literally if it was snowing, raining and fog was everywhere - he would try convincing everyone around him how wonderful the situation is. God Bless Manuel Yanguez!!

Riley and Steph said...

I totally saw him! I was so excited to see someone I know on TV! How cool is that! I want Manuels autograph! lol

The McCluskeys said...

We watched the whole program in between conference sessions hoping to see Manuel, and of course, he had to be at the VERY END! :-) Elisabeth was especially excited to see someone she actually knows on the TV.

Katie said...

Thanks for getting us a copy, it was so fun to watch!