October 27, 2008

Happy x3

I believe we have done it. I actually found a sport that ALL three of my boys are loving!!!!!!
Yes, I signed them up for Wrestling at the local THROWDOWN gym.
This is a 1 month introduction course and if they like it they can go on and do competition.
I personally thought we'd be a soccer, baseball, football, basketball family, but they are having so much fun. So I'll trade sitting on the sidelines of a soccerfield for the soft cushy mat at the gym if they are having fun!!!! David is a natural- he's super fast and he's strong, he's still trying to get used to wierd little boys grabbing his legs but he's a pro.
Eli, well he is out for blood or anything else he can get. He is STRONG and determined to take down anyone that gets in his way. I am thinking he is picturing more WWF style, since he grabbed his partner's shirt and just started swinging him in circles. A little bit of instruction from the coach and he's headed in the right direction now!

David and his partner, this looks more like Karate but they are supposed to be practicing their squatting- I think it's called a stance? I'll have to work on my terminology;)


Alex is doing a more advanced version of what the younger kids are doing. He's a little shy and still getting all the rules down but he's doing awesome. He's also really strong and his long legs are an advantage to him. This is his summary of his first week. "It's really fun but you have to get used to grabbing people in wierd places and putting your head in wierd places and then hoping your opponent doesn't FART!" I thought that was hilarious!!!! Oh, how I love a 10 year old boys!!!!


Lastly, I just had to include this picture! I realized that wrestling is not a sport that is easy to photograph, this "photo shoot" made me seriously question any photographic ability that I may have had! 70% of my pictures look like this one below and the other 30% are the ones above and several pictures of peoples backs, butts, ears & legs. I don't start out trying to get a coach's butt in my photo but they always move before my camera actually takes the picture and now I have some really "precious" pictures that are begging to be deleted from my camera!

Anyway, have a happy week and we'll keep you updated on our little wrestling experience!!!!



4 comments:

Breeann said...

I am so glad you found something you can all enjoy! I laughed a good way through that post, your kids are pretty funny. Let us know if there is some event we could attend and support the boys.

shannon said...

how fun! adam goes there and we are signing up Collin for their wrestling program next year. i'm so glad to know that your boys like it!

Dianna said...

It sounds like a sport designed for your boys. Maybe it will help them get some of that energy out. What does Avery think? Are they trying their moves on her? EEEKKKK!

Katie said...

Now are you really surprised that wrestling is a hit with them? They´ve been doing it for years at home but this is a free ticket to wrestle away without being put in time out, lol. It´s like a dream come true, I´m sure. That´s great you found something they enjoy so much.

Alex´s comment is so funny!