October 13, 2008

Weekend Goodies

I just wanted to share a few goodies from our weekend!
Friday:
*I am the proud owner of a Honda Odyssey. My husband has been testing my vehicle patience since he sold my Excursion a few weeks ago. I am now a minivan driver BY CHOICE, I can finally say it without shuttering. After test driving several cars and factoring in the cost of gas, the size of my family and my sheer dislike for parking GIANT cars in small parking spaces I fell in love with the Honda Odyssey. Yes, it's a milestone for me to be a minivan driver but I'll carry the title proudly!!!!

*I went to lunch with some of the ladies in our cul-de-sac, Thanks Jill for the delish food!

*Manuel's friends and family joined us for a fabulous cookout, we thought we'd send summer off with burgers and dogs on the grill, guacamole and chips and a generous supply of "Death by chocolate".

Saturday:
*We woke up late since it was dark and rainy/hailing/snowing outside. It was heavenly to sleep in!!!!!!

*We cranked up the heater for some of that yummy first use of the heater smell! It was fun for it to be cold! Yes I like it cold until about February when I'm tired of all the work it takes to go out of the house.

*Manuel went and ran some errands while we cleaned up the house, which went fairly quickly and smooth.

*We made cinnamon rolls and hot cocoa- the best on a cold day!

*I caught up on some work in the office while Manuel set up the tent in the front room to be sure the whole family would fit in it for our camping trip this weekend. We have differing opinions on the sleeping arrangements with some preferring to be sleeping sardine style while others of us prefer our space while sleeping. Either way, it was fun to set the tent up inside the house.

Sunday:
*Woohoo, we made it to church ON TIME, even in the snow. We are pretty proud of ourselves;)

*After church we cozied up in our warmest jammies and fluffiest socks and layed around.

*Manuel's Mom had lunch ready for us after church, she must have been reading my mind b/c I was not in a cooking mood!

*I did a little bit of scrapbooking!

*Since we had a late, big lunch we had scones for dinner, More deliciousness for the cold weekend. Okay not so delicious for my figure, I'll get back to working out this week.

*After scones and showers we watched Nanny Mcphee and I painted Avery's toes and fingers.

I'll take a weekend like this anytime, bring on the cold stormy days!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh, that sounds so heavenly. You deserve it!

Dianna said...

I will just have to enjoy your cold weather vicariously I guess. You make it sound so cozy and picturesque! Congratulations on your new car. Those Hondas are great.

Breeann said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I too enjoyed the cold, I love the first few cold days of snuggling with my blankie on the couch.

Katie said...

okay, so my mouth literally water as soon as my eyes hit "death by chocolate". I gotta get me some of that!

Fun weekend, it kinda makes me miss the cold, but I´ve been out in the pool all week, so I don´t miss it that much, hehe.